Tuesday, January 24, 2012

O.M.Delicious



First, if you are reading this and you are in the Dallas area-this is the perfect recipe to make on a night like this, with all of this rain! Second, I cannot tell you how ridiculously easy this was to make. I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour. She has the cutest blog and I have gotten the best ideas. Anyway, you need to make this super soon! I strayed from the recipe a bit, which I'll explain later. Only one pic this time. :)

Dorito Casserole
What You'll need:
-1/2 bag of Doritos (I used Baked, and you could also use tortilla chips)
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
-one can of Rotel (I used HOT)
-1 1/2-2 cups of Fiesta Blend shredded cheese
-Taco Seasoning packet
-whole Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
-can of cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken soup
What to do:
-Preheat oven to 350
-Crush your Doritos
-Mix together all ingredients, except Doritos
-Layer your crushed Doritos on a 9x13 casserole dish
-Layer the chicken mixture on top of Doritos
-Sprinkle cheese over entire dish
-Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes

It is SO GOOD!

Note: The original recipe called for a layer of Doritos, a layer of chicken mixture, another layer of doritos, and then another layer of chicken mix. I thought this would taste too crunchy and not meaty enough, so I omitted that step. I'm sure it tastes fine that way, but our way was just as delish too. We used Hot Rotel and it was...hot. I recommend mild unless you just really love hot food. The chicken was just one of the ones that are already cooked from the grocery store, and we just shredded ourselves. I'm all about taking shortcuts when it comes to cooking! Minus the doritos, this recipe would also be an awesome dip! Hope you love it like we did!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love your blog!!! You have inspired me to actually blog something on mine....go check it out :)

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete