Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cinnamon Syrup Biscuits

I have really been into baking and cooking lately, but I always seem to get stuck for good breakfast recipes, especially on the weekends. After looking on Pinterest (of course!), I found this yummy, SUPER easy recipe! It's very similar to "monkey bread". If you are on Weight Watchers like I am, this is a somewhat "ww friendly" recipe, if you use lighter versions of the ingredients. My husband made us a turkey sausage and egg scrambler and it went together nicely!

Here's what you'll need:
-one tube of Grands biscuits (I used reduced fat)
-1/2 cup of pancake syrup (I used light)
-1/3 cup of light packed brown sugar
-3 tablespoons of melted butter (I used Blue Bonnet Light margarine)
-1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
-1 fluted pan
And here's what you'll need to do:
-Preheat oven to 375
-Spray fluted pan with non-stick cooking spray; make sure you get coat the sides well because you will be inverting this
-Mix together syrup and butter, set aside
-Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar
-Pour half of the syrup mixture in the pan, then sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top
-Place biscuits in the pan, overlapping to form a ring
-Pour remaining syrup and brown sugar mixtures over biscuits
-Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown (mine went for 25)
-Cool for one minute, then invert onto a plate
-Enjoy!

Notes: I read the recipe too quickly (as I tend to do) and combined all of the ingredients, instead of separating them out. I don't think it made much difference and they still tasted amazing. If you use the reduced fat biscuits, they may not be as golden brown as they would be the with regular version. Don't worry-these biscuits don't taste light! These are 7 weight watcher points per 1 serving.

Happy cooking!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment